Today, on Day 1 of our Middle & High School overture camp we...
Introduced ourselves and played several fun theatre-related games to start off. The games included "captains coming", "freeze-pose statue", and "name game".
We had an audition workshop where we covered how to properly prepare for the best audition possible. We also learned the audition songs and dance for tomorrow's audition for Into The Woods Jr., and the director talked about her vision for the show. We closed by reading through the script and listening to the music for the entire show.
- bring water bottle
- bring pencil
- put the script in a binder (and bring it)
- put extra loose-leaf paper in the binder as well
Prepare for Audition tomorrow (Tuesday July 11th)
- be prepared to do a "cold read" from a section of the script
- fill out the Audition Form
- be prepared to perform the dance taught today
- be prepared to perform ONE of three possible songs:
The cast list will (most likely) be posted on Wednesday, July 12th.
Today was a great day, we can't wait to see everyone again tomorrow! Good luck to all on their auditions! :)